2017 Host Hotel
The Alabama 4-H Hotel and Conference Center892 4-H RoadColumbiana, AL 35051 2017 reservations will be available on this website (in the POC Shop) per the below schedule. Please note that all reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- 02/05/2017 at 3PM CST--Standard hotel room sales open (two queen beds). $149/nt, 3 night minimum. Option to add Wednesday and/or Sunday night.
- 02/12/2017 at 3PM CST--Both party and non-party dorm room sales open (4 twin beds). $99/nt, 3 night minimum. No option to add Wednesday or Sunday night.
- 02/19/2017 at 3PM CST--Cottage bunk sales open (1 twin bed). $20 per bunk per night, 3 night minimum. No option to add Wednesday or Sunday night.
Please do not attempt to book through the 4-H Center's website or by calling them. 4-H wants POC to manage all room reservations.
10 POC-perfect Property Points to Ponder!
- We're buying out all of the Center's sleeping rooms and will have exclusive run of the property.
- We have a ton of great indoor meeting spaces to accommodate our traditional con features like gaming, shows, parties, etc.
- There will be campfires, ghost stories, and some spectacular outdoor live-action gaming areas. There might even be Bill Murray-style morning announcements and/or special appearances from everyone's favorite summer camp psycho.
- There are also canoes, an archery range, and a bunch of other really cool stuff that you never get to see at a con! We'll be opening up as many of these activities for our attendees as we can afford.
- They have one of the biggest pools we've ever seen at a con, and it'll be open all night--much like prior years, only bigger, outside, and away from the bright lights of the city.
- The cafeteria options are tailored to our group. Prices are far more reasonable here than they are at other hotels, and there are lots of grab-and-go options!
- Any/all food and beverages (except glass containers) may be carried into any/all event spaces. You can grab something from the 4H Center, order delivery, carry around your own groceries--whatever you prefer--and take it wherever you're going to Play On! As long as you don't try to sell food or beverages...you should find much more freedom here than seen at other hotels.
- Wifi is free.
- Yes, they have functioning AC. In every indoor space. And most of the meeting spaces have interior corridor entrances. And the walk between buildings is quite short. And we're planning to run a shuttle around the property. This is outdoors on Easy Mode, vampires!
- Did we mention the lack of mundanes and the dramatically reduced chance for noise complaints here?!
More Stuff You Should Know About the Property
- We're outside of "Birmingham proper" here, down in Shelby County. It's still the Birmingham area, but it's a few miles off of the beaten (interstate) path and kinda...out in the woods where summer camps live. Please plan for a slightly longer commute!
- On-site lodging is limited, and we sold out quickly last time! Please plan to book early, and please arrange to share your space with other POCsters wherever possible.
- The closest other hotel is about 15 miles away. If it's important for you to sleep on site, we again recommend booking as early as possible. You may also want to consider renting a boat or RV to crash at the Marina around the corner, where our overflow parking is hosted.
- Sorry--there are no smoking rooms, and all smoking must be outside. Also, there are no pet-friendly rooms.
- No tent camping is allowed on site, but we would again recommend checking out the nearby Marina, where we plan to run a parking shuttle whenever on-site parking is full.
Wanna see more? Check out the 4H Center website!